Monday, December 20, 2010

Favre

Let's get the bashing out of the way first.  Yes, he's a diva.  Yes, he's melodramatic.  Yes, he has 'allegedly', probably done some illicit texting/calling.  Yes, he throws a lot of interceptions.  His last pass as a packer was an interception.  Yes, he dared to sign with a hated rival and even beat us twice.  Yes, I'm annoyed at him, but I don't hate him.  In fact, after he finally retires in green and gold again, I will love him as I once and always have.

Yes, Favre helped Packer nation win a Super bowl and almost another one.  Yes, he's a tough SOB.  Yes, he throws amazing, sometimes ill-advised touchdown passes, underhand, lefty, etc.  Yes, he has heart, and no one can question that.  Who can forget his first game when he came back and won last second, or the Super Bowl win, or the game right after his dad passed away against the Raiders.  That still is the most inspiring, emotional game I've ever watched.

297 games.  Thats the streak that ended last week.  Crazy, right!  I'm just old enough to have been truly spoiled by it all.  At 31 now, I've been watching Favre play EVERY game since I was 12.  I can barely remember a previous QB.  When its all said and done, I'll applaud him and be thankful that we had such a great leader, quarterback for such a long period.  I mean, lets be honest, I could be a long suffering Bears fan during which they have had 42, yes 42 starting QB's during Favre's streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment