Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kindle

I've finally broken down and gotten it, well my mother-in-law bought it for me for xmas.  I've resisted for so long that its a little bittersweet.  On one hand, its small, lightweight, accessible to wi-fi and near instand downloads, can carry multiple books, has a good battery, and is ultra convenient.  On the other hand, its black and white/grey, non-personal, and it doesn't look good on my bookshelf. 

I'm ashamed to say that there may be no turning back from this.  Since xmas, I've already read 2 books and am working my way through a third.  The size, weight, and convenience is the best part about it.  Its so slim that it just fits into a jacket pocket.  Also, with the wi-fi, you can just download a book from the Kindle itself.  You don't need to hook it up to a computer.  Just a few button pushes and voila, a brand new book to read.  Also, I'm pretty sure the books are cheaper than if you were to buy them at the bookstore. 

Have no fear though, I'll still re-read the books on my bookshelf because I like it and possibly for nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment