Sunday, March 11, 2012

Goodbye Chicago: Part 2

From between September to January, and hopefully February, Kelly and I have a second family.  That family comes together weekly, either on Sunday or Monday, at Will's Northwoods Inn (http://www.willsnorthwoodsinn.com).  We congregate, some would say religiously, to watch and cheer on our beloved Green Bay Packers.  The beauty of it is that its become a ritual.  We sit near each other, play games, eat good food and have fun.  And like family, win or lose, we come together no matter how our team is doing.

As part of our what I like to call 'Goodbye Chicago Tour' we met up with some of our friends at of course Will's and had a good old fashioned friday fish fry, drank beer and hung out.  We reminisced about epic Packer games, how we came to find Will's and our progression to the tables we're at now, and all the other good times we've had because of bar.  Not only will we miss the people and the games, but we'll also miss the bartenders who we've become friends and the atmosphere.  I've been a Packer fan all my life, but until I started going to Will's regularly, I don't think I appreciated it as much. 

Will's has become an oasis, a home away from home in enemy territory, and I will miss it, the people, the ritual, and the experience every sunday and/or monday from September to February.

No comments:

Post a Comment