Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Red Sweatpants/Comfy Clothes

I know you've all had that one piece of clothing that you wore forever, literally until the there were holes in it and the seams were coming apart.  I've had a few pieces like that and still own one or two, mainly a grey hawkeye hoodie w/the elastic coming apart by the wrist that I've had since college, probably 10 years or so.  My favorite of all time has almost legendary status.  My red sweatpants are famous among a lot of my friends.  I wore them religiously for probably 4-5 years.  They were maroon Adidas pants w/navy blue stripes on the side.  I wore them all around town in Iowa City, to class, around the frat house, to breakfast.  Who knows, I don't remember exactly, but at one point I probably wore them to a bar or a hawkeye game.   I walked around all the time the house w/just those one.  Ah, such good times.  Alas, it was a sad day when my mom threw them out, such was the love that I had for them. 

Sweats are just as good, if not better, than your favorite pair of jeans.  I probably spend as much time in my sweats as I do in work clothes during the week.  Kelly and I laugh about all the time about it because its like a race if we get home at the same time to see who can get their sweats on first.    Nowadays I have a few key items such as Nike sweatpants w/lots of pockets, hawkeye sweatpants, and a also a new Nike hoodie.  However, I still reminise and miss my red sweatpants.  RIP my red sweatpants.

No comments:

Post a Comment