Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hobbies/Borders closing

I love to read.  Love it!  However, like most things, I'm all or nothing.  What has happened to the bookstore?  I love books.  Love to re-read good books.  Love going to the bookstore and browsing.  When I was younger, I used to go to the library w/my dad all the time.  Nowadays, everyone just goes online to Amazon or uses an E-reader like the Ipad or kindle.  Those intrigue me, but I'm not ready to abandon good old fashioned books quite yet. 

I went to Borders on sunday because they've filed for Chapter 11 and are closing many of their stores, including the 3 nearest to me now and the 1 closest to my parents' home.  Sad.  Barnes and Nobles filed last year too I think.  Borders had a big sale, 20 - 40% off the whole store.  It was insane in there.  The cafe was already closed and the shelves were thinning quickly.  The line in there was probably 50 deep.  I bought 2 books, which I've read already, and a juggling set.  Yes, you heard me correctly, a juggling set.  I'm impulsive and like to try new things and am gonna give it a whirl.  Maybe it'll make me feel better that so many bookstores are closing. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm studying this topic in one of my classes right now... so interesting. I too am not ready to give up my "old-fashioned" books!

    ReplyDelete