Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shamrock Shakes

You know you love them.  There's no point in hiding it.  What's not to like about a minty green milkshake with whipped cream and a cherry?!  Its quite the phenomenon.  McDonald's only offers them in March and often times, they even run out before the end.  I mean, who doesn't get a Shamrock Shake while its offered at least once in March?  I had my first of the month just last night and it was as scrumptious as I remembered. 

Why do you think they only offer it during March?  Obvious answer of course is for St. Patty's, but why not the rest of the year.  Clearly the demand is there?  Of course the demand is inflated because its only offered for a month, but I bet that it would still be a great seller.  Maybe they do it just to create a buzz or bump in sales.   Can you imaging a Shamrock/Chocolate shake....oh baby!

McDonald's does that a lot with a few of their products like the McRib(yum) and the fish sandwich which I think coincides with Lent.  If they offered their hashbrowns all day I'd be in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment