Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chicago Bucket List

I saw a local mag the other day that had an article about a Chicago Bucket List.  I didn't get a chance to read the article, but it inspired me to make my own nonetheless.  So here's a loose list of what I'd want to do in Chi and the surrounding areas...

In no particular order:

  • Lollapalooza (Grant Park) - probably just 1 day.  Don't need to spend $200 on 3 days.  Sweaty, nasty, and expensive.
  • Ravinia (Highland Park)- so many good concerts every year.  Missed the Counting Crows last year and Gipsy Kings the previous year.
  • River dye (anywhere along the river downtown)- I've seen it a few days after, but I've never seen it during.  I miss the South Side Irish Parade
  • Blackhawks game (United Center)
  • Medieval Times (Schaumburg/Palatine) - cheesy, but I think I'd enjoy it
  • Run a race - I've been talking about running a half marathon forever.  There are other cool races like Race to Wrigley and one that runs into Soldier Field.  I'm sure there are other themed/dress up in costume races as well that would be fun.
  • Air and Water Show (lakefront) - I've heard many planes and even seen 1 or two, but I've never gotten the whole experience.
  • Dinner cruise (Navy Pier) - this could be done in most cities probably.
  • Blue Man Group (Lakeview) - I know that its not only in Chicago, but it does only play in a few cities.  Also, I've worked 2 blocks away for 5 years now.
  • Tours (city) - Architecture Tour (water tour), Gangter Tour,  Ghost Tour, etc...
  • Second City, Steppenwolf, Goodman Theatres (Lincoln Park/Old Town)
  • Neighborhoods known for specific dining - examples include Greektown, Little Italy, Devon (Rogers Park - Indian Food).
  • Metra- yes, kind of silly, but I've never ridden it.
  • Segway Tour (loop)
  • Art Musem (loop)
  • Kingston Mines (Lincoln Park) - I've been to BLUES across the street.  The other Blues clubs on the southside are intriguing also.
I'm sure that I'm missing a ton of things for now that I'll have to edit in later.  My next 2 posts will be about the things I've already done that would make the bucket list and also a whole food section.  I couldn't figure out how to add that in without going on and on about it.

Tell me what's on your bucket list.  Thoughts Melissa (since your the only one who ever comments)?

No comments:

Post a Comment