Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tamales II

Still not having the greatest luck finding tamales from a cart.  Been all around the northwest side while out w/clients and have had very limited success.  Usually the carts I see are fruit, ice cream, or tacos/tortas stands.  I was however somewhat successful in my quest just last week in finding a guy all the out by Belmont and Central Park.  Of course this was later in the day, around 4 pm and he only had 2 left.  Still..., the $1.50 for the 2 were well worth it.   

The other day at Target, I found frozen tamales, about 6 for 6 or so.  Pretty decent and only takes about 3 min to nuke them.  Not as good as fresh ones, but a great snack in a pinch.  I'll have to make sure I get out west earlier in the day so I can cleam them out. 

The quest continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment