Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

The Lenten season is upon us again.  Last year I gave up drinking all alcohol.  It was fairly difficult in the beginning, but the longer I abstained, the easier it became.  The more people that I hung out w/that knew about it, the easier it became as they accepted it more and more. 

This year, I'm attempting to not really sacrifice, but to do more.  Meaning, I intent to work out more often instead of giving up alcohol or sweets or something along those lines.  In a way, I guess I'm sacrificing some lazyness for my health benefit.  I've always wanted to run a race although I now have come to realize that a marathon or even a half marathon is probably not in the cards.  However, hopefully this can be the catalyst towards a 5k in the spring.

I still may try to give up meat on fridays since I can still never remember each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment