Monday, November 7, 2011

Holla, Challah!

I've been struggling with how, and wanting to make bread for awhile now.  I finally found a good recipe that was perfect for me.  It was relatively easy to make, I didn't need any special ingredients, nor did I need any special tools/equipment.  Right up my alley.

I found a recipe for challah.  My inner Jew just loves it.  It goes great w/butter, honey, or just plain, a bit warmed up.  Delicious.

As I've started messing around with baking more, bread was one thing that I was really interested in, but haven't quite made yet because I didn't have a bread pan, not did I have one of those processors with the plastic spin/spoon thing. 

This recipe just required rolling the dough out into three equal ropes, after allowing to rise.  Then all you do is braid the 3 together, let rise once more and bake basically.  Easy...well...easy enough. 

Now onto tougher breads.

No comments:

Post a Comment