Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Unicorn

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unicorn

No, I'm not looking for a mythical white horned horse.  My own personal unicorn revolves primarily on the weekend and only during football season.  Its possible I may have achieved this goal in the past, but for right now, I can't ever remember doing so.  This achievement is a combination of fantasy football, 2 college teams, an NFL team, and a soccer team.  For me to find my unicorn, I need all of them to win.  I have 3, yes 3, fantasy football teams.  The other teams consist of the Iowa Hawkeyes, , Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, and Chelsea FC. 

This past week, Chelsea lost and 1 of my fantasy teams lost by 1 point!  That's probably the closest I've gotten in recent memory.  Its not as easy as it seems.  You only play 14-15 weeks of fantasy.  Then there are only 12 college games, plus a bowl game.  Chelsea doesn't play every week w/international breaks.  Then you have idles and byes.  In reality, my chances of my mythical achievement only comes down to maybe 9 or 10 times a year.  Tough going! 

Ah well, Chelsea plays today on a rare Wednesday and there's an NFL game tomorrow so onward I go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment