Wednesday, August 3, 2011

BACON Vodka - yes and yes

I've done it.  I've been wanting to do it for awhile and had done my research prior.  And voila, success.  I tasted it in a bloody mary yesterday and it was delicioso!

Basically the way it works like this...

1) Start by cutting up a package of bacon into smaller stripes, against the grain.
2) Cook it all thoroughly in a pan.
3) Put it all (cooked bacon and all the grease) in a glass bowl/pitcher and pour in vodka.
4) put it in the freezer for 30-60 min.
5) Spoon/ladle/spatula the fat out (it will have floated to the top to make this relatively easy.



6) Have another container handy and pour through a strainer (to capture more grease and bacon)
7) Strain again if necessary.
8) At this point this could be ready.  I decided to go through one more step of straining through a coffee filter.
9) I ladled it all back into the vodka bottle.


Can someone say bloody mary bar???

No comments:

Post a Comment